How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Killeen smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total charge of your Killeen home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out tips to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Killeen?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a battery backup for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the duties you can carry out:
- View real-time or saved video streams from any connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Killeen by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Killeen
Although various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the information to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Killeen home security system. Contact (254) 351-0495 to get started.