Tips to cut down on false alarms in Killeen
False alarms are a legitimate problem for your home’s security. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they may lower the faith you have in your installation. Fortunately, you are able to do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Killeen sensors and alarms.
First, be sure that everything is installed properly. This will probably seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on possible causes of false alarms, like a back door that might be kept ajar inadvertently. And of course, you should try to use the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Killeen.
Could it be really that simple? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Killeen?
Just like you would address any concern, the first thing to do is review the guidebook. Ensure all your components are connected correctly from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually inspect each sensor to make sure it didn't slip or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all new smart devices are configured correctly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your Vivint specialist if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Killeen system. They'll gladly schedule a trained expert to examine your equipment.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your installation appears to be alright, the next measure is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are your entries closed tightly, or do you find some inadvertently open? If an access point is left unlatched, it may trip an activated sensor. If your household constantly neglects to close a door, you could install a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when your system is activated. Unfortunately, windows take more manual maintenance, particularly if you have a family member who enjoys to rest with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while still shielding the rest of the house.
Home automation tends to be an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Killeen
One of the smartest ways to lessen the chance of false alarms is to integrate automation into your security system. With your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms that result from mistakenly unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically set again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disengage as your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Get mobile alerts when your implements detect uncommon activity or need a fresh battery.
- Pair your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you may disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Killeen with a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (254) 351-0495 or send in the form below.